Here's a sneak peek at what's in store at NorVA!
Click on the links below to download a poster for each event.
1. Students: An Exhibition of Portraits by Gerry Clark. This exhibition marks the first public display of the former Hapnot Collegiate Institute art teacher's portraits of students. The works in this exhibition span over a decade of his grade 10 drawing classes. On view at the NorVA Centre from March 17-30.
2. Nature Gone Wild. An exhibition of watercolours on yupo by NorVA resident artist Lois Pedersen. This solo exhibition runs throughout April at NorVA; please attend the free gala event on Friday, April 25th, at 7:00pm.
3. Celebrate the art of poetry at the Flin Flon Writers Guild & Toastmasters' Poetry Night on Friday, April 4th at 7:00 at the Flin Flon Public Library
4. Walking With Our Sisters fundraiser coffee house. This event will feature live music by local musicians and a toonie parade for prizes donated by local businesses. Saturday, April 12, at 7:00pm
5. Multi-media Painting Workshop. Guest instructor Annie Bergen will guide participants through the process of incorporating interesting textures and materials into their paintings. The workshop will also focus on techniques for shadow and light, blending and composition. May 17 and 18, 10:00am - 5:00pm. $100 includes instruction and supplies. Feel free to bring additional materials that interest you.
Lots to tell you about at NorVA! Here's a quick rundown:
1. Calling on Volunteers - This June the NorVA Centre will be bringing Flin Flon the nationally acclaimed exhibition Walking With Our Sisters, a memorial for missing and murdered indigenous women in Canada and the US. Can you contribute to this event? Contact us!
2. Back by popular demand, Gerry Clark's Portraiture workshop will continue February 15 and March 1st. Building on the skills from the first classes, More Portraiture, is a class for the novice portraitist.
As always please feel free to forward this information to anyone who may be interested.
3. Twin, with guests Maria Mango, C.C. Trubiak, Doug MacGregor and Anne Ross
The NorVA Centre will proudly present this homecoming musical event on Feb 13, 7pm.
The city of Flin Flon celebrated art and culture in style on Culture Days weekend! NorVA hosted two well-attended events: The Writer's Open Mic, and Pictures at an Exhibition. Exhibiting artist K.C. Adams also visited us for the weekend and shared insights into her work on Saturday, September 28th at Bakers Narrows.
Check out the video below from Pictures at an Exhibition, an event where musicians play improvised pieces in response to exhibited artwork.